One of the many reasons why Greenway at Still Hopes is unique for long-term care in South Carolina and beyond is that it is one of the only retirement communities that has thoughtfully constructed and adopted a Household Model concept for residents in need of higher levels of care.
This progressive concept for our Greenway residents rejects the antiquated clinical nursing home setting and opts for a model that creates a sense of home and family among the residents and staff.
In a “typical” nursing home community, residents may live at the end of one of several long corridors, and sometimes even with one or two roommates. A central nursing station and eating area often connects multiple lengthy corridors. You might spot medical equipment littering the halls.
But in the Greenway at Still Hopes Household Model, living quarters are set up just like a typical home. There are more designated living spaces with fewer residents to share them, which enables a safer environment to protect our residents and healthcare teammates.
Our Household Model within Greenway serves residents from Columbia, West Columbia, Lexington, Irmo, Cayce, and the broader Midlands region. Many residents come from outside the area to allow adult children in the Midlands area to move a loved one closer to them, yet provide the necessary person-centered level of care they may require. We invite you to learn more about our Household Model by scheduling a virtual tour. Please call us at 803-995-8075 or complete our contact form.
Is It Time to Get Help?
We know the decision to move yourself or a loved one to a senior living community can feel overwhelming. Our simple four-minute assessment can help you make more informed choices and match your needs with the right level of support.
On a typical day, our Greenway residents might:
- invite the kids and grandkids for a family breakfast in the dining room.
- in the late morning, settle into the den to read a book.
- in the sunroom, enjoy the abundant midday light and a cup of coffee while watching the world pass by the windows.
- enjoy a board game with a friend, or engage in one of many other daily planned activities in the activity center.
- take a chair yoga class led by a wellness professional in the strength and flexibility studio.
- take a walk in the serene communal garden after dinner.
- in the evening, sit by the fire and watch the news with friends in the family room.
- at night, retire to your spacious private residence.
All of this is conveniently connected to the main campus, allowing access to the same amenities and activities that have become familiar to residents who may have transitioned from independent living.
Learn More about the Greenway
To learn more about the Greenway at Still Hopes Household Model or to take a virtual tour, please give us a call at 803-995-8075 or complete our contact form.